The Series 40 In-Line Centrifugal Fan was developed for compatible corrosive applications where it is advantageous to use fiberglass materials and have the motor out of the airstream. Unique in the fan and blower industry, the fan offers non-overloading horsepower, high efficiency, and low noise for corrosive atmospheres. It combines the design advantages of an axial flow fan with the performance characteristics of a centrifugal fan.
This design saves space by incorporating tubular housing, as opposed to a traditional scroll-type centrifugal housing, and allows for the unit to be installed directly in a duct system. The “tubular centrifugal” (in-line) fan utilizes the Type FA backward-curved, airfoil-bladed wheel in a vane-equipped housing and produces straight airflow with the same inlet and discharge dimensions.
Series 40 Fans are available in Class I and II construction in 100% and 66% width. Standard sizes are 12 through 60". Fans are available in arrangements 1 and 9, or in a power roof ventilator configuration.
Designed for quiet operation, the Series 40 provides lower sound levels in the highest efficiency ranges and is AMCA-certified for sound and air performance.
Additional Series 40 features:
- FRP components and housing
- Suitable for temperatures up to 200°F
- High-efficiency, one-piece, solid fiberglass wheel moves large air volumes at high pressures
- Fiberglass and neoprene shaft seal minimizes leakage (seal is not gas-tight)
- Dynamically balanced at the factory prior to shipping
- Supplied packaged, assembled, and ready to install
- Special coatings, constructions, motors, and accessories are also available