The Hooded Roof Ventilator design provides complete protection from the elements for intake supply airflow or exhaust ventilation. The unit’s large hood surface reduces the air velocities through the ventilator. This feature minimizes pressure drop through the hood and eliminates the entrainment of rain into supply units. The fan assembly is placed in the upper section of the base with the blades facing down and the motor located above the fan assembly, for ease of maintenance.
An efficient, high-performance ventilator with a compact, low-profile design, the direct driver series 15 is best- suited for applications where the unit is in a difficult location for servicing where as the belt drive series 16 Ideal for applications where noise is a factor.
Both direct drive and belt drive, are available in reversible airfoil offering 100% air delivery for both intake and exhaust modes. Ideal for applications where varying conditions call for intake flow for some operations, and exhaust flow for others. The incorporating two curved orifice rings welded back-to-back with a reversible airfoil section propeller to provide efficient performance when operating in either direction. Size 18 through 72” offer performance from 3,220 to 96,700 CFM at free air on intake and from 2,970 to 88,200 CFM at free air on exhaust. The belt drive motor is mounted out of the airstream on the side of the unit base with static resistant V-belts.
Direct Drive Sizes 18 through 72":
- Performance from 2,350 to 90,300 CFM at free air on intake and exhaust.
- Performance from 1,375 to 88,000 CFM at free air on filtered intake.
Belt Drive: Sizes 24 through 84":
- Performance from 3,700 to 116,500 CFM at free air on exhaust.
- Performance from 4,080 to 131,000 CFM at free air on intake.
- Performance from 3,990 to 128,000 CFM at free air on filtered intake.
Belt drive ventilators can be configured with the motor inside or out of the airstream.
The hood is designed to provide easy access to the fan and motor (one-piece hood for sizes 18 through 36" and two-piece hood for sizes 42 through 72"). The base enables dampers to be easily installed without further modifications to the unit. Larger sizes are available with Hartzell’s unique slide rail access package to allow easy separation of the hood halves for inspection and maintenance.
All hoods size 36" and larger are shipped separately from the base and are to be mounted in the field. Lifting eyes and hardware required for securing the hood to the base are furnished as standard.
Standard construction on these units accommodates a 60 mph maximum wind load. Higher wind load construction features are available as an option.
Additional Hooded Roof Ventilator features:
- Heavy-duty industrial construction
- Access door standard on all units
- Cast aluminum airfoil propellers
- Totally enclosed, fan-cooled, foot-mounted, T-frame motors are standard
- Lifting lugs are a standard feature for ease of handling and installation
- Industrial-grade, powder coat enamel finish standard
- Dynamically balanced at the factory prior to shipping
- Special coatings, constructions, motors and accessories also available
Hartzell has designed the Hooded Roof Ventilator so that permanent or disposable filters may be added to the hood as an accessory item.