The Series 15E Hooded Roof Ventilator design provides complete protection from the elements for exhaust ventilation. The unit’s large hood surface reduces the air velocities through the ventilator. This feature minimizes pressure drop through the hood. The fan assembly is placed in the upper section of the base, with the blades facing down and the motor located above the fan assembly, for ease of maintenance.
An efficient, high-performance ventilator with a compact, low-profile design, the Series 15E is best- suited for applications where the unit is in a difficult location for servicing. Sizes 18 through 72" offer performance from 2,050 to 78,500 CFM at free air on exhaust.
Hartzell hooded roof ventilators are designed with basic functionality in mind and facilitate mounting of optional items. Hartzell has designed the Series 15 so that permanent or disposable filters may be added to the hood as an accessory item.
The hood is hinged on units through size 36", allowing it to be rotated to the side or removed for access to the fan assembly. Sizes 42 through 72" feature split hoods which are removable for access to the fan. These larger sizes are available with Hartzell’s unique slide rail access package to allow easy separation of the hood halves for inspection and maintenance.
Standard construction on these units accommodates a 60 mph maximum wind load. Higher wind load construction features are available as an option.
All hoods size 36" and larger are shipped separately from the base and are to be mounted in the field. Lifting eyes and hardware required for securing the hood to the base are furnished as standard.
Additional Series 15E Direct Drive Hooded Roof Exhaust Ventilator features:
- Heavy industrial-duty construction
- Access door standard on all units
- Cast aluminum airfoil propellers
- Totally enclosed, fan-cooled, foot-mounted, T-frame motors are standard
- Lifting lugs are a standard feature for ease of handling and installation
- Industrial-grade, powder coat enamel finish standard
- Dynamically balanced at the factory prior to shipping
- Special coatings, constructions, motors and accessories also available