The Series 15F Hooded Roof Ventilator design provides complete protection from the elements for filtered supply airflow. The unit’s large hood surface reduces the air velocities through the ventilator. This feature minimizes pressure drop through the hood and eliminates the entrainment of rain into supply units. The fan assembly is placed in the upper section of the base with the blades facing down and the motor located above the fan assembly, for ease of maintenance.
An efficient, high-performance ventilator with a compact, low-profile design, the Series 15F is best- suited for applications where the unit is in a difficult location for servicing. Sizes 18 through 72" offer performance from 2,350 to 90,300 CFM at free air on intake.
The hood is designed to provide easy access to the fan and motor (one-piece hood for sizes 18 through 36" and two-piece hood for sizes 42 through 72"). The base enables dampers to be easily installed without further modifications to the unit. Larger sizes are available with Hartzell’s unique slide rail access package to allow easy separation of the hood halves for inspection and maintenance.
Standard construction on these units accommodates a 60 mph maximum wind load. Higher wind load construction features are available as an option.
All hoods size 36" and larger are shipped separately from the base and are to be mounted in the field. Lifting eyes and hardware required for securing the hood to the base are furnished as standard.
Additional Series 15F Direct Drive Hooded Roof Exhaust Ventilator features:
- Heavy-duty industrial construction
- Access door standard on all units
- Cast aluminum airfoil propellers
- Totally enclosed, fan-cooled, foot-mounted, T-frame motors are standard
- Lifting lugs are a standard feature for ease of handling and installation
- Industrial-grade, powder coat enamel finish standard
- Dynamically balanced at the factory prior to shipping
- Special coatings, constructions, motors and accessories also available