Hartzell’s Reversible Airfoil Fans offer 100% air delivery for both intake and exhaust flows. Ratings vary slightly due to the difference in pressure drops in the intake and exhaust modes. This unit is ideal for applications where varying conditions call for intake flow for some operations, and exhaust flow for others.
The Series 17 Ventilators utilize the Hartzell Reversible Ring Fan, incorporating two curved orifice rings welded back-to-back with a reversible airfoil section propeller to provide efficient performance when operating in either direction. Sizes 18 through 72" offer performance from 3,220 to 96,700 CFM at free air on intake and from 2,970 to 88,200 CFM at free air on exhaust.
The hood is hinged on units through size 36", allowing the hood to be rotated to the side or removed for access to the fan assembly. Sizes 42 through 72" feature split hoods which are removable for access to the fan. These larger sizes are available with Hartzell’s unique slide rail access package to allow easy separation of the hood halves for inspection and maintenance.
Standard construction on these units accommodates a 60 mph maximum wind load. Higher wind load construction features are available as an option.
All hoods size 36" and larger are shipped separately from the base and are to be mounted in the field. Lifting eyes and hardware required for securing the hood to the base are furnished as standard.
Additional Series 17 Direct Drive Hooded Reversible Roof Ventilator features:
- Heavy-duty industrial construction
- Access door standard on all units
- Cast aluminum airfoil propellers
- Totally enclosed, fan-cooled, foot-mounted, T-frame motors are standard
- Lifting lugs are a standard feature for ease of handling and installation
- Industrial-grade, powder coat enamel finish standard
- Dynamically balanced at the factory prior to shipping
- Special coatings, constructions, motors and accessories also available