The Series 27 Ventilator is a dual-purpose ventilator offering a simple, economical approach to energy conservation in lieu of complicated and costly heat recovery systems. It provides roof ventilation, either exhaust or intake, plus the option of recirculating ceiling air and, if desired, mixing ceiling air with ambient outside air. In addition, the roof hood provides complete protection from the elements for either supply or exhaust airflow. Standard sizes are 24 through 60".
In this age of rising fuel costs, it doesn’t make economic sense to exhaust warm ceiling air from a plant, then spend money for fuel to heat cool air for worker comfort and efficiency. During the summer months, not much can be done with hot ceiling air but to exhaust it out of the plant by the use of ventilators and exhaust fans. During the cold winter months, however, the huge reservoir of heated air resting at the ceiling level can be recirculated for comfort heating, as long as the ceiling air is relatively clean and fume-free.
When ordering, please specify the control mode package required. NEMA 1 Modes 1 through 4 are available, and each control mode package is available with type A, B or C starters. The customer must supply wiring among the starter, remote control station and the unit. Controls are shipped separately for mounting and wiring at the job site. Units ordered without controls will be provided without damper actuators.
Additional Series 27 features:
- Heavy-duty industrial construction
- Cast aluminum, double-airfoil propeller
- Totally enclosed, fan-cooled motors
- Hinged access doors provide easy access to motor-operated shutters and fan assembly
- Heavy-duty, motor-operated shutters
- Lifting lugs are a standard feature for ease of handling and installation
- Industrial-grade, powder coat enamel coating
- Dynamically balanced at the factory prior to shipping
- Slope or peak adapter bases available
- Prefabricated curbs available for flat, slope or peak roof mounting
- Special coatings, constructions, motors and accessories also available