The Series 28B Fiberglass Direct Drive Bifurcated Duct Fan is ideal for a variety of corrosive applications. It provides an excellent alternative to belt-drive fans, because the direct-drive motor requires minimal periodic maintenance. The units can be installed in any position, from vertical to horizontal. Standard sizes are 24 through 48".
The Series 28B utilizes the Type FW propeller for low-pressure applications. Motors are C-face mounted with extended shafts, directly connected to the prop with the motor body enclosed in an aerodynamic tube and protected from the airstream.
All structural parts in the airstream are fiberglass and corrosion-resistant resin. All fiberglass surfaces are protected with a minimum 12 mil. thickness of a chemical-, flame- and ultraviolet-resistant resin with a Class I flame spread rate of 25 or less. Taped joints inside the casing are a minimum three layers of 2 oz. material. Internal hardware is austenitic stainless steel, encapsulated with a layer of fiberglass and resin.
Additional Series 28B features:
- Corrosion-resistant FRP construction
- Suitable for temperatures up to 200°F
- One-piece fiberglass propellers with resin coating
- Extended shaft, C-face, TEFC motors are standard
- Motor body enclosed in aerodynamic tube and protected from the airstream
- Neoprene shaft seal with sandwich-type design seals the motor shaft at the inner tube
- Extended lubrication tubes and grease fittings are standard
- Dynamically balanced at the factory prior to shipping
- Supplied packaged, assembled and ready to install
- Alternative resins, constructions, motors and accessories also available