Series 31 Belt Drive Duct Fans are ideal for applications where it is advantageous to have the motor outside the airstream, including fumes, hot or moist air, or dirt-laden conditions. Protective coatings are also available as an option if corrosive air is present. Standard sizes are 12 through 96".
The Series 31 is stocked and available for shipment within five days as part of the Rapid Ship program.
AMCA-certified for air performance, the Series 31 drive components (belts, sheave, shaft and bearings) are enclosed in an inner drum and protected from the airstream. This casing is positioned on the negative air pressure side of the propeller, drawing outside air over the bearings. Access to the shaft and bearings is through a removable bearing cover. The propeller shaft rotates in two ball bearings mounted on steel supports welded to the inner shell of the housing.
Additional Series 31 features:
- Suitable for temperatures up to 200°F
- Cast aluminum airfoil propeller
- Totally enclosed, fan-cooled motors
- Standard exterior-mounted motors allow easy connections, adjustments and maintenance
- Open-end, drip-proof motors outside the airstream are standard
- Oversized oil-, heat- and static-resistant belts for continuous duty
- Lifting lugs available for ease of handling and installation
- Industrial-grade powder coat enamel coating standard
- Extended lubrication tubes from bearings to exterior of fan housing are standard
- Dynamically balanced at the factory prior to shipping
- Special coatings, constructions, motors and accessories also available