Series 50 Special Duty Direct Drive Vaneaxial Fans are available in sizes 12 to 60". The fans are designed for mounting in any position from horizontal to vertical. Air deliveries range from 1,930 to 123,000 CFM. Units are designed to be used from 2 to 5" static pressure. Their rugged, two-piece design makes them a natural fit for mine and marine applications.
Housings are heavy-gauge, welded steel with one section containing support for the cast aluminum prop and motor. Rigid motor mounts provide support for the foot-mounted motor that is furnished as standard. The second section contains the vanes, which are aerodynamically designed to straighten out the airflow. The vanes are welded to the inner and outer shells, forming a rigid section.
The VA wheel used in the Hartzell vaneaxial line is an airfoil design, seven-bladed, one-piece impeller, developed and proven after many years of tests and thousands of installations. It is scientifically designed to move large volumes of air at high pressures. The large hub prevents backflow of air, which is an important feature in the design of the wheel.
Additional Series 50 features:
- Solid, one-piece, cast aluminum, airfoil impeller
- Totally enclosed, fan-cooled motors
- Rigid motor mounts
- Extended lubrication tubes from bearings to exterior of fan housing are standard
- Industrial-grade, powder coat, enamel coating standard
- Dynamically balanced at the factory prior to shipping
- Supplied packaged, assembled and ready to install
- Special coatings, constructions, motors and accessories also available