Series 54 Belt Drive Vaneaxial Fans are highly efficient, axial flow fans designed for static pressures up to 12". They also offer the compactness and in-line configuration of axial flow fans. In installations where air is at elevated temperatures or contaminated, Hartzell Series 55 fans should be used.
Nine heavy-gauge, steel-discharge, guide vanes are welded in the casing. These aerodynamically designed straightening vanes maximize efficiency by minimizing turbulence and converting velocity pressure to static pressure for increased capability.
Available in both “G” (general industrial) and “H” (heavy industrial) duty. “G” duty construction incorporates pivot-style motor mounting and flange-mounted ball or roller bearings. Applications are limited by selection point and motor horsepower (see bulletin for details). “H” duty construction incorporates motor mounting platform and pillow block, foot-mounted ball or roller bearings. Available in all sizes.
Hartzell offers two types of Series 54 fans. Type VA, available in standard sizes 12 through 60", offers a wide performance range. Type VB, sizes 18 through 48", has a lower blade pitch and a higher hub-to-diameter ratio that makes it more efficient at high pressures. Type VB is available only in “H” duty construction. Fans are designed for mounting in any position from horizontal to vertical.
The VA “G” duty construction version of the Series 54 is stocked and available for shipment within five days as part of the Rapid Ship program.
Designed for quiet operation, the Series 54 provides lower sound levels in the highest efficiency ranges and is AMCA-certified for sound and air performance (type VA only).
Additional Series 54 features:
- “G” (general industrial) and “H” (heavy industrial) duty construction available
- Suitable for temperatures up to 200°F (for higher temperature construction, see the Series 55)
- Cast-aluminum, airfoil impeller
- Motors out of airstream standard
- Oversized oil-, heat- and static-resistant V-belts for continuous duty
- Dynamically balanced at the factory prior to shipping
- Many sizes supplied packaged, assembled and ready to install (motors larger than 30 HP will be shipped separately for mounting at the job site)
- Special coatings, constructions, motors and accessories also available