The Series 57 unit provides an efficient yet economical choice for general ventilation of mildly corrosive atmospheres. It should not be used in atmospheres where the corrosive concentration is enough to damage the motor. The unit combines the Hartzell ring fan concept with a windband and butterfly dampers. Dampers open automatically when the fan goes on and close weathertight when the fan is shut down. During operation, the force of the discharge air effectively prevents entry of rain or snow. Standard sizes are 28 to 60", with performance of 7,300 to 51,000 CFM at free air.
The unit’s inlet orifice increases efficiency by minimizing air friction. The windband is designed with the necessary height needed to prevent wind resistance against the operation of the ventilator.
Two semicircular damper lids at the base of the windband are mounted on stainless steel rods, which turn in nylon bearings. These fiberglass lids are very durable and have a longer lid life than steel. An additional dividend is the insulation qualities of the fiberglass, resulting in less heat loss when the unit is idle during winter months.
For other industrial corrosive applications, you may wish to consider:
- Series 37 Fiberglass Belt Drive Upblast Ventilator
- Series 58E Fiberglass Hooded Roof Ventilator – Belt Drive
Additional Series 57 features:
- FRP construction
- Suitable for temperatures up to 180°F (specially insulated motors required above 104°F)
- One-piece, fiberglass propeller
- Totally enclosed mill and chem motors standard
- Chemical-resistant fan assembly
- Dynamically balanced at the factory prior to shipping
- Supplied packaged, assembled and ready to install
- Special coatings, constructions, motors and accessories also available