The Series 58E Fiberglass Hooded Ventilator’s design provides complete protection from the elements for exhaust operation. The unit’s belt drive configuration and exterior motor mounting make it the logical choice where corrosive elements exist and protection from weather is essential. Standard sizes are 12 through 60". A heavy-duty fiberglass panel provides a convenient method of curb mounting.
The fiberglass hood attaches to and is removable from the fan casing. Sizes through 32" are one-piece construction; sizes 36 through 60" are two-piece construction. Hinged construction is also available, providing access to the ventilator without complete removal of the hood.
The exterior-mounted motor is out of the airstream. The propeller shaft rotates in two heavy-duty bearings mounted on fiberglass supports taped to the inner shell with “T” reinforcements.
Belts, bearings, sheaves and the shaft are enclosed and protected from the airstream. The drive compartment is located on the negative pressure (suction) side of the propeller, drawing ambient air from outside the fan in and over the belts and bearings, ensuring a contaminant-free drive compartment.
The Series 58E (exhauster) can be supplied in Series 58I (intake) configuration. Contact the factory for additional information.
For other industrial corrosive applications, you may wish to consider:
- Series 37 Fiberglass Belt Drive Upblast Ventilator
- Series 57 Fiberglass Hooded Roof Ventilator – Belt Drive
Additional Series 58E features:
- Corrosion-duty construction
- Suitable for temperatures up to 200°F
- Single-piece, solid fiberglass propellers
- Oversized oil-, heat- and static-resistant belts for continuous duty
- Extended lubrication tubes from bearings to exterior of fan housing ease maintenance
- Dynamically balanced at the factory prior to shipping
- Supplied packaged, assembled and ready to install
- Special coatings, constructions, motors and accessories also available